Hsling's muffin recipes has never disappointed me! This muffin recipe has a very soft and fluffy texture. The original recipe use 2 tbls cocoa powder, but mine has finished, so i just substitute with milow powder.
It's sad that i am not very satisfy with its look. Other bloggers's cheese filling muffin looks nice; but, see mine? my cheese filling is not "hiding" in the center of the muffin, and the cheese never "burst out" from the top of the muffin..... :(
I guess i need to make a well in the muffin batter,to put in the cheese filling..... next time! Yes, next time..... to recover its original looks :)
Recipes from Hsling (but i made some amendment)
Cream Cheese 120g
2 tbls castor sugar
*Just mix well.
70g brown sugar
70ml fresh milk
140 self-rising flour
4-5 tbls milo powder
1. Mix butter and brown sugar until well combine.
2. Add in one egg, beatin until combine, then follow with the second egg. Continue beating.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour and milo powder together. Pour in half the flour mixture to the batter. Beating.
4. Pour in the fresh milk, beating until dissolve.
5. Again, pour in the balance of the flour mixture to the batter. Beating until well combine.
6. Scoop one big spoon of batter into muffin cup. Then, one scoop of cheese batter in the centre. Finish with another spoon of muffin batter.
7. Bake at 160 C for 25 mins.