My favourite pineapple cookies are here..............
Although i bought the made-ready pineapple paste, the making process of pineapple cookies is still time consuming. I took 4hours for the whole process. Wooh! I was damn tired!
Anyway, it's worthy!! The skin is soft and cheesy..... the paste is not sweet either. Very nice combination!!! Yes, i added 125g grated cheddar cheese to replace the butter. (the recipe yield 175g butter). And it turns out GREAT!!!
I think i could finish all the pineapple cookies by myself.... hahaha!!! I just can't resist it!
This recipes is from my cousin from Spore, who learnt from the bakery class. I have been using this recipes for many years. This is the first time i added cheese inside. NICE!
250g butter, soften
125g cheddar cheese (1/2 block), grated
45g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
800g pineapple paste
1. Whisk butter, cheddar cheese, icing sugar and egg yolks together until well combined and creamy.
2. Pour in flour slowly. Whisk in low speed until well mix (It should be crumbly). Then use hand to knead to form dough.
3. Divide the dough into balls. Scoope the pineapple paste into balls too.
4. Roll the dough on palm, flatten it and put in a pineapple paste. Close the edge and roll into preferred shape.
5. I use plastic knife to cut some lines on the cookies. Brush some egg yolk on top.
6. Bake 160C for 25 mins