Friday, December 18, 2009

English Scones







My first impression towards Scone is-- it's HARD like STONE when i was holding it. I would never try it if it's not recommended by my mom. She encouraged me to try the raisin scones from Milky Bakery. Gosh! I love it once i have a bite.

Scones-- a british quickbread/ cake/ biscuits. It can be eaten plain, or best serve with some jam. I put some blueberry filling to serve warm, and it's really delicious!! I just love the taste of each bites. It tastes so differently from cakes or muffins. I want to thank Ching for her sharing of this simple recipe. I can have homemade scones now, yeah!!
Recipes from Ching午茶时间@Scone
Ingredients:
(A)300g all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt

(B)80g butter, cut into small cubes

(C)1/2 egg
70ml milk

Methods:
1. Mix all the ingredients (A) into a bowl.
2. Rub the cubed, softened butter into the flour until crumbly.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
4. Mix with a spatula until it forms a soft dough.
5. Take the dough and knead it on a floured surface but don’t over-knead it.
6. Roll it flat with around 1 inch thickness. Use the scone mould / biscuits mould to cut out. Place on the baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Brush the top with egg. Bake 150C for 25 mins. Serve warm with your favourite jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment