Yes, this muffin is indeed very rich. Coffee and Cocoa powder are great partners. They work well together to intense the richness to the fullest! The texture is soft and moist, not dry. Walnuts with coffee are also couples, so well matched!
The most amazing idea from the original author ~ she sprinkles kids' milk powder on top to replace the confectioners sugar. And, i tell u ... it doesn't taste very sweet as sugar, but looks presentable! What a great idea!~
You must try this~^.^
Recipe modify from：浓咖啡小蛋糕
60ml fresh milk
110g self-rising flour
1 big tbsp coffee powder (i use Nescafe)
2 big tbsp cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips
50g crushed walnuts
1. Disolve coffee powder in fresh milk, stir well.
2.Whisk butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Add in egg one by one, whisk until well combined.
4. Add in half of the self-rising flour, coffee milk. Mix well. Then pour in the remaining flour and coffee milk. Mix well.
5.Add in cocoa powder, chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir well.
6. Pour the batter into paper cups. Decorate a whole walnuts on top.
7. Bake 160C for 25mins.
8. After cooling, spinkle some milk powder on top.