Christmas is just around the corner... Santa Clause is coming to town!
My christmas's wish this year has come true ~ my own handmade X'mas Yule Log!!
I am very very excited once i have done my decoration. Oh my god! It looks really like a log.
Well, i did feel tired for the 3.5 hours spent for the whole process, but it's worth a try. I just feel very contented.
I wanna wish all my friends,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011.... Yeah!!!Swiss Roll
3 egg yolk
50ml corn oil
80g superfine flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix egg yolk and sugar, then add in corn oil and milk, combine well.
2. Fold in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Whisk egg white until bubbles form, add cream of tartar. Add sugar by 3-4tims while whisking, until peak form.
4. Fold 1/3 egg white into egg yolk mixture. Then pour back to the remaining egg white and mix well.
5. Pour into a lined & greased baking tray (29cm X 29cm). Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for about 25 mins. Remove from oven.
6. Invert cake into a clean sheet of grease prrof paper and remove lining paper from the cake.
7. Trim off the edges with a knife, spread cake with blueberry whipped cream.
8. From one end, start to roll up using hands, use paper to complete the rolling up by pulling it.
9. Wrap up the cake with the paper and refrigerate 1-2 hour.
10. Take the swiss roll from fridge, cut 1/4 and apply some chocolate whipped cream and stick to any part of the longer swiss roll.
11. Spread the chocolate whipped cream to cover all the swiss roll. Use a toothpick to draw lines on the whipped cream.
12. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Decorate as desire.
50g whipped cream (whipped)
100g blueberry filling
150g whipped cream (whipped)
120 baking chocolate
1. Using double-boiled method to melt the baking cbocolate with butter on stove.
2. While warm, pour the melting chocolate into whipped cream. Stir quickly. Refrigerate.