Friday, July 24, 2009

Nutella Frosted Cup Cakes







I am very moody to writing this post :(

The looks of this Nutella cup cakes is delicious, right? But when i cut it into half,.... OH! how come it is so tough and not fluffy at all, eventhough i had used the cake flour? Am i not qualify for cupcakes? I am sad.....

(1) The upper part of nutella swirl is nice, but when bites further.... the butter cake is tough. I would say i failed, ahhhhhh!!!!!
(2) I left my camera in the office, and i can only capture this with my handphone..... that's why you can see the pics are in poor lightings..... Oh! another shock!

Seek for Cooking Crave's advice, and maybe i pour the flour all at one ??? Need spoonful by spoonful??? I don't know yet, for a second try?? maybe, but not now.....

Anyway, i trust Cooking Crave's recipe, so you may give this recipe a try and let me know how your cupcake turns out?? :)

Recipes from Cooking Crave

Ingredient:
10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar (i use 75g only)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
200 grams, sifted ap flour (i use 200g cake flour)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Methods:
Preheat oven to 325F(190c). Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.They should be 3/4 full, if you’re not using a scoop.Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella.Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.Bake for 20 minutes.Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12 cupcakes

6 comments:

  1. Everyone of us will face failure when baking, not every try are a success one. Just be patient. I wonder if you weight all the ingredients correctly or did u left out something like the baking powder?? Chiffon cake are not hard to bake, but still many people failed to get it right. I'm so sorry for you are so moody now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up for learning anything so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the actual recipe for 3/4 cup of sugar is actually 120g and I bake using 110g but i see your are just using 75g??? I doubt will the cake still have the same texture with so little sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TinTin,
    Thanks for your comments. I also want to thank my girl for supporting, she said this cupcake is nice, and asked me to bake for her birthday! Wow, she is sweet!
    I found the 75g sugar are just fine with the sweetness, but does it cause the toughness?? Need to find out....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,..so sweet of her and I'm happy for you. Maybe it's not a bad as you think dear. Try again and make sure fold the flour slowly and spoon by spoon not put into it all at one time. I'm sorry for not write in detail and cause you to misunderstand the direction, I just copy exactly what is in She Bakes, She Cook's Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink Lady, I got a BEST BLOG AWARD for you in my blog, please come and collect it ya!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete