Saturday, September 26, 2009
Orange Chocolate Cheese Cake
I am craving for Cheesecake since my last bake. I forgot which recipes books i came across with this idea, which i had copied down in my note. But, i just wanna to taste how chocolate and orange be together. And, i wanna try the recipe with flour added in making cheesecake.
This time, i am using oatmeal biscuits. I didn't crush until very fine, very small pieces which are bitable. The base turns out very crunchy! Well, i don't really taste the orange flavour in the cheesecake. Maybe juice from only one orange doesn't enough. I suggest to squeeze in 2 oranges and skip away the milk. Flour added cheesecake do taste a little bit like cake.
1 pkt Oat biscuits, crushed
120g melted butter
3 egg whites
600g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
juice from 1 orange
Methods for cream cheese batter:
1. whisk egg whites and sugar until creamy, set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese and egg yolks until well combined.
3. Add in milk and orange juice, continue beating.
4. Fold in flour, and stir well.
5. Pour in egg whites micture into cheese batter in 3 times, gently and slowly stirring until fully combined.
6. Pour the batter on top of biscuits base.
7. Bake 150C for 45mins. Leave in the oven for another 1 hour with door slighly open.
8. Keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Spread the chocolate topping and garnish with oranges.