This pastry recipe is adapted from Mikiko blog, originally from egg tart recipe. You got to believe me, this pastry is the best! It's just crispy!
This apple pie is best serve warm, while it's fresh from oven. Yummy and delicious to serve at tea time, with a cup of coffee! Ehmmm......
I think the looks spoilt a bit, just because the braids i made are too thick, which looks rough. However, i did spend lot of time doing it. Very tedious and tiring though :(
The happiest thing is that ... all 12 mini apple tarts are finished within the evening. Wow!
Recipes from Mikikomikiko の 苹果派
(enough to make 12 mini pie)
1. Peel, cut and dice 2 apples, then cover with salted water.
2. Drain the apples when dough is done.
3. Mix the diced apples with 1 1/2 tbls of sugar, 1 tbl of corn flour and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Stir until well combine.
150g plain flour
1 tsp custard powder
1 tsp milk powder
1 tbls sugar
100g melted butter
1. Mix flour, milk powder, custard powder and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add in melted butter and egg. Use spoon to mix well, until it form a dough. Do not over mix, or it will become tough. (no machine needed)
3. Assembly the dough into pie mould, fill in the apple filling. To decorate, roll some dough into thin lines and assemble by cross on top of the pie.
4. Bake 180 C for 30mins.