a href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dFAjrbIymCY/TBNiAwsS3rI/AAAAAAAABgg/JCkMtF75T54/s1600/coco3.jpg">I bake this cake by using a 28cm X 28cm square pan. At first, i intend to do a chocolate swiss roll from Ching's blog 巧克力蛋糕卷 . I forgot to ask her the size of the swiss roll pan she used. But based on the ingredients from recipe, i think i will bake a "thick" swiss roll by the size of my swiss roll pan. (The weight of the flour +cocoa powder has been 130g)
Threrefore i made some admendment for the proportion of the ingredients. The siwss roll really rise up "thick", and it's spongy and light. I also realise that this is the same recipe as Pynn草莓巧克力蛋糕. So, i change my mind on the spot and decided to make it a layer cakes with whipping cream decoration!!!
I divided the square swiss roll into 4 parts (just cut it horizontally and diagonally).
I started to prepare the whipping cream topping.
I tried to decorate the cake, but failed a few times. Quite difficult to control the curl / flower by whipping cream.
DONE!!! I am quite satisfy with this small and cute cream cake!
Let's share my recipe with u:
A. Egg yolk mixture:
4 egg yolks
a pinch of salt
35g vegetable oil
100 superfine flour
10 cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
B. Egg white mixture
4 egg white
1/2tsp cream of tartar
200ml Non-diary whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 160C for 10mins.
2. Mix egg white, sugar and salt until well combined.
3. Add in milk and vegetable oil, mix well.
4. Add in superfine flour , cocoa powder and baking powder slowly and stir well.
5. Beat egg white and cream of tartar until bubbles. Add in sugar 2 times to beat until hard-peak foam.
6. Mix 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Stir well with spatular. Then pour the mixture into egg white again to combine well by spatular (slowly and gently, not to break the bubble).
7. Pour the batter into a greased paper swiss roll pan 28cm X 28cm. Bake at 160C for 40 mins.
8. Leave cold. Cut 2 knife to divide the square swiss roll into 4 parts. Decorate with whipping cream.