Monday, August 2, 2010

Lemon Swiss Roll

It's been quite some time i never tasted swiss roll. Although i love swiss roll, i am not buying those selling at the bakery shop. I found them too sweet to my taste, why not bake one by myself?
I always flipping the recipe book 《孟老师的美味蛋糕卷》, even though i had encountered few times of failure there. For a higher chance of success, i choose to use chiffon cake basis.


When i pour the batter into the cake pan, i know this would be a successful one. Yes, the cake texture is as soft as chiffon, and the strong taste of egg, with the freshness of lemon. Wow~~

The butter lemon cream still cannot convince me to fall in love with him. Therefore, i never follow the original recipe to apply butter cream topping. I still prefer whipping cream instead. However, my kids enjoy the swiss roll very much. They thought the filling is cream cheese... Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. ur lemon swiss roll
    look so delicious
    thinking eat wth lemon taste
    must yummy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 昨天在超市买了一包五粒的柠檬,还在想要做什么东东。这个还不能做,我还不会卷。唉。。。

    ReplyDelete