Emhh... !! Now i no need to visit the "Pasar Malam" to get this Ban Chien Kuih. I can have my homemade one at home anytime. This is the thicker type of kuih, not the thin and crispy style.
I strongy recommend this recipe!! See the above pics, the texture just turn out to be the same as those sell at "Pasar Malam". YuMYuM :) For those sweet corn fans, add in some creamy corn for the filling. Oh, My saliva is droolling!
Ingredients for batter:
200 grms of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
3/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
50 grms of sugar
160 ml water
160 ml milk
40 grms melted butter
1 cups of toasted peanuts - grind coarsely
1/2 cup of sugarsome butter
1) In a large bowl add in all ingredients for batter. Mix ingredients well into smooth batter. Set aside in the fridge for 2 hours.
2) Heat up a non-stick pan and very lightly grease it with a bit of oil. Clean off any access oil with a paper towel.
3) Pour a ladle full of batter into the pan and swirl the pan is full cover with batter. Put more batter if you want a thicker pancake.
4) Sprinkle some peanuts, sugar and a few dollop of butter then put a cover over it.
5) Cook until the centre of the pancake is cooked and the edges brown.
6) Remove and fold into half.