The aroma of coffee with the healthy Quaker Oat, what do you think of the taste?
I used the Rich Nescafe Gold, the cake smells extremely aromatic. With the oat added in the batter, besides moist, you can actually taste the flakes of oats there.
To make it more healthy, i lessen the sugar to 80g only. I also add in more flour (100g cake flour) as i found it too "watery".
Look at the above pics, you may find that it is very much "shorter". It looks like "CAKE BAR"?? Haha... Yes, the recipe below only gives me very little batter. If you are baking this, i suggest to double up the following recipe.
Enjoy your baking....
110g fine sugar
75g flour/cake flour
1tsp baking powder
3tsp instant coffee
1/2tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Mix instant coffee and hot water together, set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour)
6. Fold in flour and coffee alternately until well combined.
7. Lastly fold in the oat.8. Pour batter into a lined and greased loaf pan.
9. Bake for 40-45mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
10. Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.
Post a Comment